Golden Egg Serum
(Don’t forget to check out my Golden Egg Balm. It is the same formula as the serum but has the addition of beeswax. A tiny bit goes a LONG way!)
It takes about 120 of our egg yolks to get just 4oz of egg oil. After the hard boiled egg yolks are separated from the whites, they are dehydrated, powdered, tinctured, and evaporated. What is left is the precious oil of egg.
I then mix our egg oil with raspberry seed CO2, prickly pear oil, calendula CO2 & chamomile CO2 for further anti-inflammatory benefits. The resulting combination is perfect for dry skin, acne, eczema & sun damage.
Benefits of egg oil:
- highly nutritive to the skin & rich in omega 3 & 6 (Interestingly enough, the fatty acid profile is very similar to human breast milk)
- effective on burns and is known for healing wounds quicker & more effectively
- hydrates on a cellular level while providing free radical protection and powerful antioxidants
- provides a youthful glow by delivering essential cholesterol. This high quality cholesterol helps heal dry & damaged skin. It penetrates quickly and leaves you feeling supple without feeling oily.
- prevents fine lines & wrinkles due to it's ability to minimize collagen damage from sun exposure
- helps reduce brown spots & hyperpigmentation
Contains all organic: egg yolk oil from our very own hens, raspberry seed CO2, prickly pear seed oil, calendula CO2, chamomile CO2 + essential oils of helichrysum, rose, cypress & lavender
to use: apply on face morning and night after washing/toning & before your regular moisturizer (though this in itself is incredibly moisturizing and can be used alone).
comes in a 10ml glass roll on bottle with silver ball OR in a 15ml glass bottle with dropper
*Our chickens free range for most of their food and are supplemented with fermented organic grain, sourdough discard and organic fruit and veggie scraps.